“Rolling Ice Cream” was one of our special Sproutside programs yesterday–making ice cream by rolling coffee cans!
We had four summer field trips and other families participate in the activity. All of the children were pleased with the result of their hard work. “It was DE-licious!” exclaimed a preschool student. The activity requires basic materials and is something you can try at home. We suggest outdoors.
What you need:
- Large coffee can
- Zipper bags (quart size will work)
- Half & Half
- Rock salt
- Mix ingredients
- 1 pint half & half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- Divide ingredients into 2 zipper bags
- Place zipper bags into large coffee can. Pack ice and rock salt around the bags. Close the lid on the can
- Roll the can around on the ground for about 10 minutes, then check ice cream
- When ice cream is frozen, serve in small bowls
The finished product!
We hope you enjoy!